So you’ve read the story behind the blog. Great! For those of you who want to know a little more about me, here’s your ticket. I present to you—in honor of two worlds merging—twenty-two random facts about me. Here goes:
- My first short story—complete with illustrations and ribbon bound in a homemade “book”—was written when I was around six years old. By the time I graduated high school, I’d written a 50,000 word novel.
- It’s always been a back-burner dream of mine to taste as many different kinds of cheese as possible in my lifetime.
- I desperately want to visit Spain.
- I really miss being in grade/high school.
- I always top my pancakes and waffles with lemon juice. Let me tell you—paired with maple syrup, it is the BOMB!
- SCOBYs creep me out.
- I had learned how to bake (well!) by the time I was five years old. Cheers for a mom who spent the early portion of her adult life making wedding cakes!
- As a ballet student, my instructor was a Russian who defected to the US when he was eighteen.
- Growing up (and even now) I adored Laura Ingalls Wilder. Little House on the Prairie was my best friend!
- I’ve recently discovered an insane
obsession love for goats. Hello? They’re the cutest things on the planet! (Besides, getting to bottle feed three one month-old kids every day for a week does things to you.)
- My grandmother was a very gifted poet, and every time I write a poem of my own I think of her. Mom says she is who I inherited my writing gift from.
- I’d rather do laundry than dishes.
- I prefer to refer to God by His proper Hebrew name, YHVH (the exact pronunciation is disputed, so for the purposes of this blog I will write it out using the four letters which most closely match those of the Hebrew [this is called the tetragrammaton]). I also often refer to Him by the shortened form of His name, Yah (this is sort of like a “nickname”, per say).
- I almost gave up on writing this blog before I truly even got started. (I picked it back up again because I couldn’t stand it—I had too many blog post ideas taking over my brain!)
- Two of the most incredible life experiences I have ever had thus far are teaching dance to my 27 wonderful students and serving as a post-partum doula for one of my dearest friends for two weeks.
- To one day become a mom is my biggest dream.
- Laughter is my favorite sound in the world.
- I have two dogs—a Jack Russell named Mocha + a Mountain Fiest named Snuggles, and more cats than I can count. 😉 I’m also making plans to bring home a goat (or two, or three…) in the near future.(I told you I was
obsessedin love with them.)
- I was homeschooled K-12 and LOVED it.
- I think coconuts are just about the coolest things on earth (I even have an African necklace made out of coconut shells).
- Two of my closest friends and I spent our senior year selling coffee in the mornings at our homeschool co-op in order to raise money for our graduation. We even gave our little coffee shop its own name.
- I have a very strong and deep running relationship with dark chocolate (because I can’t conclude this list without telling you that). The end.
So there you go → twenty-two out-of-the-blue things you (probably) didn’t know about me…but now you do!
Okay…in reality, with all the parenthetical statements I included that was way more than twenty-two things. Eh, well. I’m a writer—words flow out of me like the ocean.
What do you think? Did I miss anything?